Seeking an Athletic Director with coaching and administrative experience at the high school level who is able to teach some P.E. classes. The Athletic Director is responsible for implementing a strong, values-based program that is in compliance with IHSA guidelines. A coed school with 12 sports, Holy Trinity looks to the A.D. to take the lead in strengthening and growing the programs.
The Athletic Director and the Assistant to the Athletic Director work together to coordinate and implement an athletic program that is rooted in Holy Cross values and is in compliance with IHSA guidelines. Duties and responsibilities are delegated by the Athletic Director to the Assistant as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule interscholastic events.
- Contract officials and arrange for sites for all home contests.
- Set up and publicize practice and game schedules for all sports seasons.
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with coaches.
- Prepare and update the Holy Trinity High School Athletic Department Handbook, both the coaches’ and the students’ editions, and makes these documents available to the Administration, coaches and athletes.
- Responsible for certification, in-service, supervision and evaluation of Coaching Staff.
- Provide coaches with necessary items they will need during their season (i.e., keys, etc.) and keeps the updated list available.
- Supervises and maintains equipment and arranges transportation
- Provide for adequate staff supervision and security for all home contests.
- Oversee all scheduling of Holy Trinity buses.
- Enforce all IHSA and Holy Trinity eligibility policies for all athletes and serve as a representative to the Chicago Prep Conference.
- Oversee the planning and preparation for athletic banquets and awards.
- Work to find methods of recruiting and retaining athletes on Holy Trinity sports teams.
- Supervision and coordination of Concession Stand at home events.
Tim Bopp, President