Dear HT Families,
Our thoughts and prayers remain with you during this challenging time. We are happy to report that, as of this moment, no one in our HT community has reported COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis. We pray that remains true. After a full week of e-learning, we are proud to say that teaching and learning continues at HT. Our teachers and students have been awesome! If you think you hear your student having a conversation with a teacher, you are probably correct.
We will be following a schedule similar to what Mayor Lightfoot announced yesterday for CPS. Students are expected to continue e-learning daily through Wednesday, April 8. Spring break begins on Thursday, April 9 with a return planned for April 20. Watch for any announcements and updates to determine whether our return will be online or in school.
Please remind students of the following:
- Sign in each morning with the Google daily attendance link.
- Check-in with each teacher through Schoology. Some kind of assignment or check-in will be provided for students to complete unless they are working on a 2- or 3-day project.
- Teachers will be tracking attendance for their classes based on student responses or work submitted. Students have until the next morning to respond or submit work.
- Teachers are being generous about late work, particularly if a student has reported any internet issues.
If you do not have parent login information for Schoology, email Mr. Terrasi at email@example.com. Schoology will give you access to daily announcements and make communicating with teachers easier. You can also let Mr. Terrasi know if you are having internet or Schoology issues.
Counselors remain in contact and available to students, as does tutoring through Ms. Nease. Please encourage them to use these services when they need them.
Online registration is available here. You will find instructions for uploading your documents using your smartphone with the Adobe Scan app. You can also submit your payment online.
The main office will not be open next week. Whether anyone is available will depend on the Governor’s orders as the situation develops. If you are having difficulties or have questions, please contact one of us via email. We will respond by email or phone.
- Marianne Lynch, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Malloy, Chief Operating Officer: email@example.com
- Matt Swanson, Scholarships and Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sante Iacovelli, Assistant Principal: email@example.com
- Richard Ongwela, Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrian Jimenez, Business Office: email@example.com
Meal Assistance: Our food service provider is willing to make meals available for pick up at HT. Please let us know if you would take advantage of this service. You may do this by calling or emailing me. My phone extension is 3022 and I can check messages from home.
Please stay safe and well as we weather this together in hope and prayer.
Marianne Lynch, Principal