The Director of Admissions is responsible for the vision and strategy driving the recruitment and admission of incoming students to Holy Trinity. The Director of Admissions is instrumental in building effective community outreach for the school. This individual must be committed to Catholic education, as well as highly organized, a highly effective communicator and results driven.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting and Admissions
- Develop recruitment strategies that include fostering existing relationships and targeting new markets.
- Lead the student recruitment effort with oversight of and participation in elementary school visits, high school fairs, shadow days, open houses, tours, entrance exams, welcome receptions and registrations.
- Monitor recruitment strategies and data, maintain effective enrollment practices and build the applicant pipeline to optimize enrollment.
- Supervise and manage the Admissions Coordinator.
- Work with the Principal, School Counselors and Admissions Committee on acceptance decisions.
- Develop a strategy for and work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to execute all print and digital admissions materials and mailings.
- Represent Holy Trinity at Archdiocesan Recruiters Association meetings and develop relationships with key members of the Archdiocese of Chicago, as well as with other high schools.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with local grammar schools, as well as community-based and youth organizations.
- Manage and build upon relationships with external scholarship organizations.
- Work with the Principal to create educational opportunities for elementary school students at Holy Trinity.
- Attend leadership and board meetings and retreats.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Trustees on strategies and data for incoming freshmen testing, acceptance, and registration numbers.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Ability to think and act strategically while executing tactics necessary to optimize student enrollment and build a strong pipeline for the future.
- Ability to relate well to and empathize with 7th- and 8th-grade students, parents, principals and counselors.
- Interest in and ability to effectively communicate the exceptional Holy Trinity experience to students, parents, elementary schools and the public.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Experience in developing and maintaining admissions-focused marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in a school, nonprofit organization or equivalent.
- Fluently bilingual in Spanish.
- Access to a car and ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Tim Bopp, President