Status: Full-time Exempt Mon-Fri; evenings & weekends as needed for special events and meetings
Reports to: VP of Advancement
Hire Date: December 2019
Submit Applications to: KSassano@holytrinity-hs.org
The Director of Development is primarily responsible for executing and overseeing The Fund for Holy Trinity fundraising initiatives for the school. They will assist in fundraising efforts that involve small and large-scale special events, donor relations including prospect identification, cultivation, appeals, stewardship, acknowledgment, and tracking. This position works directly with the VP of Advancement and plays a vital role in the Development team to advance the organization and secure the resources needed to make Holy Trinity successful and sustainable.
The ideal candidate for the Development Director position is a mission- and values-driven, engaging, entrepreneurial and highly motivated fundraiser with superb communications, storytelling, persuasiveness, and organizational skills, high integrity, and work ethic. This individual is a person with a passion for Holy Trinity’s mission who is inspired to make a difference in the lives of young people; a consummate relationship manager with experience building and managing a philanthropy program; a self-starter with experience proactively identifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential donors and corporate partners, and engaging them in the organization’s work and impact.
Having acquired a deep understanding of the School, its students, and the commitment of the administration, faculty and volunteer leadership, the successful candidate must be able to inspire and ignite a passion for Holy Trinity’s mission in others by reaching out to various constituencies, sharing stories of HT’s outcomes, identifying affinities, and making connections effectively to attract positive attention and grow philanthropic support. The candidate must have a finger on the pulse of the business and philanthropic communities in Chicago and be able to navigate within this environment.
Fund Development: The Fund for Holy Trinity
- Define, develop, and prioritize short-term and long-term development goals and ensure that efforts carried out are in keeping with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Work with VP of Advancement to create Annual Development Plan
- Prepare monthly reports and analyze progress toward goals; ensure the maintenance of up-to-date, accurate and consistent entries in Raisers Edge database.
- Formalize an individual giving program to ensure the greatest mutual benefit for existing donors and prospective donors.
- Create, manage and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Work with VP of Advancement on strategic recognition efforts for annual donors.
- Meet with donor prospects and existing donors to cultivate long-term relationships.
- Lead planning and execution of all Alumni Events, and assist with all development & donor events; work with staff, volunteers and committee members to execute successful events.
- Support development team with ticket sales, event websites and event promotions.
- Coordinate all post-event gift processing, acknowledgments, and metric measurements; execute data transfer from OneCause platforms to Raisers Edge.
- Manage capital campaign database tracking, analysis, pledge records, and cash projections.
- Provide reports to VP of Advancement and President.
- Execute campaign-related special events.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Development with increasing responsibility and success.
- Familiarity with individual, foundation, and corporate giving in Chicago.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and stakeholder engagement in nonprofit, public, or civic setting.
- Experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and persuasive presentation skills.
- CRM/donor database management experience required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills; self-reliant and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to drive fundraising results in a complex, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to balance and contribute to high-level strategy development and tactical details of implementation.
- Mission-orientation with demonstrated experience in expanding donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage, collaborate with, and influence and engage internal and external stakeholders; capacity to collaborate across a complex organization structure.
- Ability to work closely with people from diverse cultures and economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience managing event-planning teams
- Self-motivation, accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience creating and implementing or overseeing integrated communications plans.