The Director of the Resource Learning Center (RLC) works with teachers and students to provide the assistance and support needed for all students to be successful. The RLC offers a safe and organized space for students from all levels of ability to come for support and assistance with academic challenges.
Requirements: Secondary school licensure with LBS I or II endorsement and some high school teaching experience. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Please send resumes and references to Dr. Quincy Paden email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and develops programs to address student needs across the building.
- Communicates with parents, teachers and administrators to determine and meet students’ needs.
- Evaluates program quality, provides direction and guidance, and ensures compliance with established school policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends meetings, deals with paperwork and evaluations, and provides support for students with EIPs and 504 Plans.
- Performs evaluations and develops a support plan for ELL students under Title III.
- Assists classroom teachers in their work with the students serviced in the Center.
- Provides direct support to students as needed.
- Coordinates with other support staff such as Title I and IDEA teachers.
- Recruits and supervises the work of volunteers and tutors in the Center.
- Insures that the center is staffed from 7:00-4:30 p.m. daily and provides services to students and staff from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Establishes a record-keeping system for all students who visit and utilize the resources in the Center.
- Maintains an environment conducive to learning in the center.
- Participates in “in-house” staffing with counselors, teachers and parents.
- Serves on the Student Services Committee, working closely with the counseling department and Dean of students to identify students in need of academic support and develop and implement plans for services.