Dear Holy Trinity Families,
We are pleased to share an exciting update regarding the food service program at Holy Trinity. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced that it is extending waivers for Summer Meals programs effective September 1 until December 31, 2020.
- All Blue and Gold Cohort Students – Can get a free breakfast and a free lunch in person from our cafeteria on the days they are in school, regardless of whether they qualify for the traditional Free & Reduced Program. These students can also pick up “To Go” meals for themselves and any siblings to cover the E-Learning Days until they return in-person.
- All 100% E-Learning Students – Can pick up a full week’s worth of meals (5 breakfasts and 5 lunches) at one time. On Tuesdays from 8 am to 9 am, you can come to our station on Cleaver Street to pick up these meals for your HT student as well as meals for any other children (18 or younger) in the household. Since this is a holiday weekend, the first pick up day for E-Learning Students will be Wednesday, September 9 from 8 am to 9 am.
- Community Meals – Holy Trinity will operate as an “Open Site” which means that meals will also be available to children who have no connection to Holy Trinity. From 2 pm to 4 pm on weekdays on Cleaver Street and Division Street, we will serve “To Go” meals to children from the community as well as HT students who want meals to cover the upcoming days they will be E-Learning.
What Stays the Same
- Country House – All meals will still be prepared fresh, on-site by our partner Country House Restaurant.
- My MealTime – All parents should still create a mymealtime.com account (see attached instructions) to cover any “extras” that your student may purchase outside of the approved meals. Students will still be charged for a la carte items such as bottled water, cookies, extra sides, etc. My MealTime serves as a fast, secure online service for making credit or debit card deposits and tracking your student’s food purchases. Instructions for creating a My MealTime account are attached.
These program changes are scheduled to expire on December 31 and if they are not extended, we will revert back to our normal Free & Reduced Program in 2021. We encourage you to make the most of this opportunity to ensure your student and other children in our community receive healthy, nutritious meals during these challenging times. If you have questions, please reach out to us.