See you tomorrow!
We are excited to celebrate the Class of 2020 at Holy Trinity’s 109th Commencement Ceremony.
Before the event
- Be sure to hang up or steam your graduation robes so you are wrinkle-free! Don’t forget your cap and tassel as well.
- Share the live stream link with your family and friends: facebook.com/HolyTrinityHighSchool/live (The video will also be available after the ceremony.)
- Grab the sign with the graduate’s name on it (including in the swag bag delivered to seniors) for your car window.
- Decorate your car!
- Ensure your graduate is seated near a door, ideally the front passenger seat if possible.
- Remember, only one car per family.
- You will process in the order you arrive, so we encourage you to come at 10:30 a.m. Note, we will not open the parking lot until 10:30 a.m.
- Enter the parking lot on Noble Street, near Holy Trinity Church. (The Cleaver Street and Division Street entrances will be blocked.)
- As you arrive, you will be given graduation programs. If the graduate is an NHS member, you will also be given a special stole to wear with your graduation robes; please put that on! If the graduate earned a spot in the Top 10, you will receive a special medallion to wear.
- Please park facing west (towards the school building) and follow the parking attendants’ directions. Please do not move spots.
- Tassels should be on the right side.
- Place the sign with your graduate’s name in your windshield so your student can be recognized during the procession.
- Roll down your windows to enjoy the music from our DJ!
During the event
Please remain in your vehicle for the entire event.
- The processional will begin at 11 a.m. Once you are directed to do so, join the processional and exit the parking lot via Cleaver Street.
- As you turn onto Cleaver Street, each graduate will be invited to step out to be recognized over the sound system, accept a folder, turn the tassel from the right to the left, and have a professional photo taken in their cap and gown outside of Holy Trinity.
- Once the photographer signals the photos are complete, graduates should quickly return to their vehicle. The driver will proceed to the traffic light and turn right. All traffic must depart going east on Division Street.
Note: In order to comply with government guidelines and ensure this event is not shut down, all family members must stay in their vehicle at all times. If anyone exits a vehicle when not directed to do so, the family will be asked to leave and the graduate will be unable to participate in the ceremony.
After the event
We will share the images taken by the photographer as soon as possible. You are welcome to take additional photos from your car windows but must remain in your vehicle and follow all directions to ensure the processional keeps moving. If anyone other than the graduate exits your vehicle, your family will be asked to leave immediately and may not receive the photos.
Because our supplier, Herff Jones, shut down parts of its operations during quarantine, we have not yet received the Class of 2020 diplomas. Graduates will be mailed their diplomas along with any award certificates they have earned.
Congratulations, Class of 2020! We are so proud of you.