The Colonel Henry Crown Scholarship is a $40,000 scholarship: $10,000 a year for a four year period while pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university of his or her choice. In addition to the scholarship, recipients will participate in a paid summer internship program (3 summers at 10 weeks each) with a Henry Crown affiliated company or an agency supported by Crown Family Philanthropies.
- Must be a high school senior who has an average of “B” or better beginning in sophomore year
- Must have participated in a Junior Achievement high school program
Applicants need to submit completed Henry Crown application with the following attached:
- Copy of the classroom volunteer or teacher rating scale
- Copy of the high school rating scale
- Signed transcript
- SAT/ACT/PSAT results
- Letter of recommendation from your principal, teacher or counselor
- Student essay detailing your reasons for wanting to continue your education
- Short biography including extracurricular activities, community service, and how involvement with Junior
Achievement has affected your life
*If selected as a finalist 25 minute interviews will be held at the Junior Achievement offices in April determine the recipients of the four scholarships
*Scholastic promise, motivation, moral character, leadership qualities and good citizenship are the major considerations for the selection of awardees.