Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the philosophy, mission and rules of the school.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught and bears responsibility for the men’s basketball program throughout the entire year.
- Cultivates good public relations with news media, parents, officials, assistant coaches, volunteers and fans.
- Communicates effectively with administration, staff, faculty, parents and students and respects the chain of command, referring all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Submits a marketing plan to the Athletic Director, President and Principal for approval with goals and strategies consistent with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the IHSA and Holy Trinity High School.
- Assigns, regulates and supervises all scouting activities.
- Collaborates with the Athletic Director with regard to scheduling, transportation and requirements of sporting events and assists with the necessary preparation to hold events and practices.
- Monitors progress of student-athletes in his or her program.
- Is responsible for athletic equipment.
- Supervises student-athletes from the conclusion of the school day through the completion of all practices and games.
- Plans and implements in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight training programs.
Tim Bopp, President