From the Principal
As we bring this year to a close, we take time to express our gratitude for your trust, your support, and your continuing presence throughout this most challenging time. We are also grateful for the continued safety and well-being of the many essential workers who are a part of our community. And together we offer our prayers and heartfelt sympathy for those who have lost family members and loved ones during this pandemic.
The safety and well-being of our entire community remain a primary concern. As we look to the future we are spending time this summer developing plans for a safe return to school for the coming year. We know we can do whatever is necessary to continue teaching and learning safely. But we want to do it even better, whether in school, at home, or some combination of the two. You can help us plan in three ways:
- Answer this brief survey to help us understand your circumstances and challenges.
- Complete your registration for next year so that we know how to plan for classrooms, spacing, and financial needs.
- Join a focus group next month to share your thoughts and ideas.
Although classes are finished, our community will continue to work and plan and run some summer programs virtually. The office will be open for limited hours throughout the summer as well. Please call if you need something!
Citywide Graduation Celebration
The mayor’s office has organized a citywide celebration and you are invited! The Class of 2020 will be known for the perseverance, dedication, and resiliency you’ve demonstrated during this challenging time.
To celebrate you, your classmates, and all of your accomplishments, Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Dr. Janice Jackson invite you to take part in the City’s first-ever virtual graduation for Chicago’s Class of 2020 high school seniors. Graduation 2020: For Chicago, By Chicago will be held on Sunday, June 14 at 1:00 pm. Local broadcast channels will air the ceremony live and it will also be streamed online.
The ceremony will feature Oprah Winfrey as the Commencement Speaker, Hamilton Star Miguel Cervantes as the Host/MC, and other celebrities and stars known to Chicago will appear throughout. Your classmates from across the city will also be highlighted in performances and speeches. The Grad2020 Ceremony will celebrate every high school senior in Chicago, including those from Chicago Public Schools, Archdiocese of Chicago schools, charter schools, and all private schools across the city. Visit chicagograd2020.com for program updates and more information on the show.
We want you to join in on the fun! Mayor Lightfoot is inviting all high school seniors to submit a video of their “graduation walk” for a chance to be featured in the show. Please see the submission instructions at abc7chicago.com/gradwalk. We can’t wait to see your creativity!
Congratulations! We are SO proud to call you the first-ever “Chicago Class of 2020”
Chromebooks This Summer
Students participating in summer programming may need their chromebook since most programs, including credit recovery, are being done remotely online this year. In order for a student to keep their Chromebook for use this summer they must:
- Be registered as an HT student for the coming year.
- Provide evidence of the program and program dates that will require computer access.
- The Technology Department will work out a schedule, based on the timing of the summer program, for temporary return of the Chromebook for summer maintenance.
DePaul College Connect Online Summer Program – June 29 – July 31
College Connect is a free summer program for high school students that introduces them to fascinating college-level courses while also providing college readiness workshops, career exploration opportunities, and diverse cultural experiences. This year, the program has been reinvented to adhere to social distancing requirements and is being offered virtually Monday – Thursday for five weeks.
The application is now open and classes are filling up quickly! Courses include: Breaking News: Journalism 101; Hospitality in Chicago: Leadership, Service, and Success; From Rizzo to LeBron: Sports Reporting in the Digital Age; and Animation: The Cartoon Road to Self-Expression and Social Change.
Please note: although the website says the program is designed for high school juniors, any high school student may apply. Apply here.
- Saturday, May 30: Class of 2020 Commencement Processional
- Parking lot opens at 10:30 a.m., car processional begins at 11 a.m.
- Event will be live-streamed at facebook.com/HolyTrinityHighSchool/live/
- Final details will be sent to graduates and their families by email this Friday!
- June 3-5: Class of 2020 Locker Clean-Outs (check your email for your assigned time)
- June 8-12: Class of 2021 Locker Clean-Outs (check your email for your assigned time)
- June 15: Credit Recovery begins online.
- June 15-19: Class of 2022 Locker Clean-Outs (check your email for your assigned time)
- June 22-26: Class of 2023 Locker Clean-Outs (check your email for your assigned time)
Door Decorating Contest
Congrats to winner Lynese Perez!
Senior Honors & Robing Ceremony
If you missed the live premiere of our video…