The Trotter Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to continuing Chef Charlie Trotter’s legacy through mentorship and scholarship programs for youth interested in culinary arts and hospitality.
Our mission is to unite budding talent interested in the culinary arts, along with hospitality and service industries, through the Pillars of Excellence Program, which is designed to educate and inspire.
The Trotter Project’s Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarships — up to $9,000 or partial tuition
- Awarded to culinary arts/hospitality students attending Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute
The Trotter Project’s Chef Homaro Cantu Scholarships — $10,000 Partial Tuition
- Awarded to culinary arts or hospitality management students attending any accredited college/university in the U.S.
The Trotter Project Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship-up to $10,000
- Awarded to current culinary art/hospitality college students enrolled in an accredited college/university who demonstrate financial need.
- Must have 2.5 or higher G.P.A. (unweighted)
- Must be a high school senior, incoming, or current college student to qualify for scholarships
- Culinary Arts, Baking/Pastry or Hospitality student
- Must submit the following documents:
- Resume highlighting community service, jobs/internships.
- Transcript displaying cumulative G.P.A. weighted/unweighted
- Letter of recommendation from someone who is able to discuss candidate’s academic achievements and/or character
- Video expressing how you pursue excellence, your interest in culinary arts/hospitality and long-term goals. This is your opportunity to express individuality/creativity, passion, commitment and any other positive qualities Videos should not exceed three minutes. *If you experience any difficulties uploading your video, please send it to Program Manager, LaKiesha P. Dunn, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY- Must submit documentation from college/university demonstrating a balance/financial need.
Click HERE to apply.