Holy Trinity HS Entrance Exam
REGISTRATION is REQUIRED — No Walk-ins
Registration: NOW OPEN
It’s that time in the high school admissions process for the entrance exam. Holy Trinity’s entrance exam is scheduled for every Saturday via appointment from Saturday, January 30 to Saturday, April 24, 2021. The five-part exam checks your academic understanding within the areas of math (2 parts), reading comprehension, language, and grammar. Holy Trinity uses the HSPT (High School Placement Test), which Chicago Catholic high schools have agreed to administer. You should take the exam at the one high school you would like to attend next year. Students who test with Holy Trinity receive priority consideration for financial assistance and scholarship opportunities ahead of students who take the test with us at a later date.
To accommodate all potential exam-takers, we are offering two options for 8th grade students to take the entrance exam: in-person at Holy Trinity or online at home (proctored via Zoom by an HT staff member).
Entrance Exam Fee (in-person and online): $25
The exam fee should be paid at the time of exam registration. See below to make secure payment by credit or debit card. For registered in-person students, only those who have paid will be allowed to sit for the exam. For registered online students, only those who have paid will receive the exam login information. Please reach out to Mr. Parker at email@example.com if there are any questions about paying the online registration fee.
Day Of Exam Details
In-Person Testers at HT
- No walk-ins allowed to the exam
- Temperature checks and sanitizer
- Mask-wearing at all times in building
What to Bring:
- Two #2 pencils (with erasers)
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Face mask
- Please do not bring any snacks, calculator, or electronic devices.
Online Testers at Home
Leading up to the Exam:
- The HSPT is Internet-based using any browser, no apps to download.
- The day before the exam, we will send each online student their logon information and the test website (sent to the email listed on registration form)
On Test Day:
- Have your exam logon information ready
- Students should log onto the exam website by the assigned time in order to begin the exam promptly.
- Each student must:
- Have computer camera on during entire test
- Microphone should be muted
- No calculators or electronic devices
RSVP for the Entrance Exam
For in-person and online students with IEPs or Plan 504: Learning plans that require standard testing accommodations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All approved exam accommodations will be emailed prior to the exam date.