Holy Trinity counselors provide tailored, individual counseling to each student regarding their college plans. We utilize Naviance to guide students’ college application process and communicate with families. (Parents/guardians, please log in to Naviance here.)
- COLLEGE FAIRS and visits with college admission representatives at Holy Trinity.
- CAREER FAIRS expose juniors and seniors to exciting opportunities.
- ACT PREP strategically helps students reach their maximum score.
- COLLEGE 101, a course for juniors that prepares students for life on a college campus.
- FAFSA WORKSHOPS assists Holy Trinity families in applying for federal financial aid.
- COLLEGE VISIT PROGRAM, the only one of its kind in Chicago, sends students across the country to experience competitive universities first hand. Visits are underwritten by Holy Trinity.
The SAT and ACT are an important part of the college admissions process. There are a very small number of schools that are test-optional, but the majority of schools require standardized testing. Colleges and universities do not have a preference as to whether you take the ACT or SAT. If you have questions about which test to take, please see your counselor. All juniors at Holy Trinity will take the ACT in the spring.
- The SAT assesses a student’s critical thinking skills and knowledge in the areas of reading/writing and mathematics. Registration is available online at www.collegeboard.com
- The ACT is a curriculum-based test and is considered at all schools. The ACT tests your academic skills in English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and Writing. Registration is available online at www.actstudent.com
The Holy Trinity High School CEEB Code is 140875. Students must include this code to assure that your scores are sent to Holy Trinity. Students are responsible for making sure the appropriate scores are sent to all the schools to which you are applying. Requirements vary between institutions, so please review the requirements at each of your schools. If you would like to take the ACT at Holy Trinity, our Test Center code is 190530.
Visits from College Representatives
Nicole Debnar, MA
Counselor/Class of 2020 & 2022
773-278-4212, ext. 3035
Lisa Garner, PsyD
Counselor/Class of 2019 & 2021
773-278-4212, ext. 3034