Student Attendance and Expectations
- Attendance and participation is REQUIRED.
- Students must sign-in on the Google attendance form using their school Gmail account each day of e-learning by 8:00 a.m.
- Students are expected to attend every class, every period.
- If a student fails to check in with three or more teachers, parents will receive an attendance call the next day.
- If a student is ill, the parent should notify the attendance office by email at email@example.com and copy the Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a disruption in internet service, notify the attendance office at email@example.com and the Director of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot access your email, call the attendance office at 773-278-4212 and leave a message.
Tips for e-learning success:
- Carve out a workspace that is free of distractions.
- Set some routine work times, focusing on the most challenging subjects when you are at your best.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to teachers with questions.
- If you are given the opportunity, join a conversation or class discussion.
- Finally, watch deadlines for individual assignments so that you don’t fall behind.
- Teachers and counselors remain actively engaged with students and continue to be available electronically for student questions and help from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- United Stand and Youth Outreach Services are continuing to stay in touch with students they have been working with throughout the year.
- Resource Learning Center (RLC) – Ms. Wallace is available for tutoring and assistance upon request and during posted hours. email@example.com. Ms. Adekoya is available to help students in Strategies classes and students who continue to working on credit recovery firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any student with technology needs, difficulty with internet access, or who needs to access materials from the building should contact the Director of Technology at email@example.com to make arrangements to do so.
- Students with any social or emotional needs should contact our counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.